Search baby

Google
 

About this blog...

Photography has been a passion of mine for years. It is mainly just a hobby and I am always learning something new. The problem I ran into was there is just so much information out there and I was having a tough time organizing it all and keeping track of fun stuff I was finding. I decided I wanted one place to track all my links and misc information that I could access from anywhere, so I decided to start a blog to keep track of various tips, tricks, links and other information. The added bonus of using a blog is not only could I access it from various locations, I also could share it with others that might be interested. Now seeing that there is constantly new information coming out it is clear that this blog will never cover everything. Oh and please note I realize I am by no means an expert on any of these topics. Think of this blog as a starting point for references to help guide you in your search for the information you need.

Oh and if you are wondering I am a Canon, PC, and Photoshop user. So if things seem skewed that way it is only because that is what I use and not because I feel it is the best option nor what everyone else should be using. Always remember to do your research before buying something. Make sure it is the best thing for you, and that you are buying from a reputable site if you are shopping online.

Enjoy the site and feel free to leave feedback, or suggestions of sections to add.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Camera Straps

As more and more people are branching out into the world of DSLR usage there has been an increased desire for not only a more comfortable camera straps but for ones that are more fun. Some people even have several to match different outfits, their camera bags, their moods, or for certain events they are attending.

I have so far only purchased one new camera strap(however I am sure there are more in my future) and I went with this cute example which I purchased from the etsy shop of Kristie Denton




There are also some others that make camera straps on etsy so do a search on the words camera strap and see what pops up.


Now for those that feel they are not ready to branch out into the fun and funky looks and just want comfort places like B&H or Amazon (among others) have a ton to choose from.
A very popular brand for comfort is Op/Tech.


Of course there are those that are more crafty and creative than others and will simply make their own and I applaud those people. Make it fun, make it funky, but most of all make it comfy and functional….

**Edit in December 2008**

I am up to 3 fun camera straps. The person I got my original from is no longer making them but there are lots of others out on Etsy for purchase.